Tuesday, August 29, 2006

And so it begins...

Sooo... at the suggestion of my best friend's wife, I am embarking on a side career as a blogger. To give you a little background, I am a 32 year old male of Italian(Sicilian)-Irish descent. I spent a few years behind the line in the restaurant business and I have spent the last 10+ years in the Securities Industry. I'm not sure which of these two career paths helped me develop my palate. Maybe it was neither of these; maybe it was the years of exposure to the fantastic cooking of Mom, Grandma, and Great Grandma... I'll have to give that one a little more thought.
Until recently, I had spent my entire life living in and around the five boros. Now, I live in a place where.... well, let me just say I'm still getting used to the idea of the ocean being on the wrong side and a general lack of rain, even on cloudy days. OK OK- I'll cop to it already- I live in Southern California; during the week I work in LA and I spend the rest of my time in San Diego. Now as a die-hard, hardcore New Yorker, I have had to try very hard to give this place a fair shake- especially in the food department. I have to admit, though, that it is growing on me. I spend a lot of my time looking for good food and pondering the wonders of the universe. I really want to use this blog to share my thoughts about food for the most part, but I'm sure that other things are going to creep in also. Well, like a good "best-man" speech, I'll keep this one short; next time, I promise to write about a food experience in one of the cities I have lived in (which city will depend on how homesick or nostalgic I am feeling)

1 comment:

nettreefrog said...

It is fabulous that you started this. You know I look to you for all food related advice. It is stuff I bother you about ....Where can I to find the best Italian bread in the City? What's your take on steak? How would you compare Chinese food in LA to Chinese food in Brooklyn? What's that recipe you make with the peppers and garlic? I am sure that in due time you will have a following because your passion for food is definitely contagious!